Thursday, 31 January 2008

Apple

Here I have created a simple apple using 3D Studio Max.

The base of the apple was achieved by using a sphere shape, and then adjusting the shape of it to make it appear more like a realistic apple by using the edit mesh tool, as well as using a turbosmooth modifier for a more smoother effect.
The stalk was created simply by using a cylinder shape, and then applying the bend modifier on it to achieve yet another more realistic shape of a stalk. Using the edit mesh tool once again, I moved some of the edges to gain a more jagged appearance.


Lastly, I have added an omni light into the room for a nicer atmosphere; this enhances and defines the apple's shape a lot more.

4 comments:

London Theatre Reviewer said...

Looks good. Only thig is i think its a bit big in the middle, but it still looks good. You got a better stalk then me. lol.

The lighting works realy well. Did you try adding shadows?

Martin said...

it looks good although i would say the shape of the apple is a little odd. the stalk is very good though and i like what you have done with the lighting. the shadows this creates makes it look even better

Lisiang said...

In my defence - the apples I eat tend to be this shape!! :)

Jo Bowman said...

Yes, I would say that your apple needs to lose a little weight round the middle - there is a bump around the middle which makes the apple appear "modelled"